I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slightly disappointed. It was our first Christmas with our little girl so I had a few hopes and expectations. Like I imagined that we would wake up early on Christmas Day and watch Hannah open her presents under the tree. Of course, I fully expected her to want nothing to do with those presents but want only to play with the boxes, bows and paper. We'd then spend the rest of the day making the usual rounds at our family's houses and just adding Hannah into the mix. I had even started making her a red corduroy dress that she would wear Christmas Day. None of that happened and that dress is still unfinished.
My expectations weren't met at all. But in a surprising way, they were exceeded. My too-busy-to-snuggle little girl wanted nothing more in the world than her Mama. And for three days straight, Hannah clung to me like a baby koala bear. It's hard being a working mom because I feel like I miss out on some very important bonding time (though I have to say I think we have the next best arrangement thanks to my Memaw, mine and Chris' moms and the wonderful ladies at PDO). So I'd have to say that the greatest Christmas present I could've received this year was some serious bonding time with my little girl. And I got it.
Once we got her fever managed Christmas morning, we did open presents. We did make it to our parents' houses. I didn't finish that dress, but it'll make a great Valentine's Day dress! Here are a few pictures from our day:
Christmas at Home
Christmas with The Freemans
Grammy and my two beautiful nieces
My awesome nephew desperate for some water
Christmas with The Teagues and Fambroughs
My Dad always passes out the gifts
No matter how lousy you feel, who can resist a maraca? Not this quarter-Tejana! She and Grandma proceeded to shake it like a polaroid picture.
My sister laughing at the really cool, witty thing I said.




No comments:
Post a Comment