Thursday, July 1, 2010

Amarillo By Morning: Day 1

Day 1 of our FoCo Trip: Chris and I decided to drive through the night to Fort Collins. At 16 hours, it's the longest road trip we've made together alone. We took turns driving and sleeping every two-and-half hours, and it actually worked out quite well! Of course, we had a little Roy D. Mercer to keep us awake.

As George Strait sings, we made it to "Amarillo By Morning." I swear I sing that every time we drive through there, though Chris had never heard it until this trip. Seriously, who hasn't heard that song?!


Well anyway, we continued to stay on time and made it to FoCo by 2 o'clock, just in time to tour our first potential rent house. Two bedrooms, one bath, no storage. I vote no.


We spent the rest of the afternoon settling into David and Laura's house, which is way fun and really coming together! We even got to meet their neighbor, Hannah, who is so sweet! She and her boyfriend are young professionals and recent CSU graduates. We look forward to getting to know them better.
Our great friends Michael and Rachel Harper were in town from Denton scoping out the place to move to next summer. One-by-one, we plan to convince all of our friends to move with us. If you're reading this, you're next! We had dinner at Woody's Tavern - a fantastic pizza joint - and celebrated Mikey's birthday.

Day 2 promises to be exciting. I'm meeting with the owner of a local ad agency, The Mantooth Company, to talk about possibly working for them. We'll also be looking at more houses. Joy. I can't wait to finally have loose ends tied up and hope we can settle on some things this weekend.

No comments: